Monday, January 18, 2010

Some good news from Haiti

In the midst of overwhelming tragedy, sunlight sometimes shines through. A member of our staff writes:

Paul,

Thank you…thank you for all the support you showed to me and BIDMC community during Friday's prayer service for Haiti. I wanted to share some news with you.

I'm happy (overjoyed, elated, through the moon, jumping for joy and every emotion in between) to say that late Saturday night I was able to finally speak and locate my missing family members (two brothers, niece and nephew) who all said that they were doing well, considering the chaos that is happening around them. Both my parents are from Haiti and I have several family members who were directly effect by Tuesday's devastating quake. It's been an emotional roller coaster, the not knowing was torture, but the continued support that I received from colleagues and friends kept me sane and hopeful - I'm truly grateful.

I ask that you continue to keep the people of Haiti in your prayers, because we have a long road ahead of us. Again, thanks!

Valencia

No comments: